Sunday, January 27, 2008

Everyday is Like Sunday, Except for Blue Monday and Ruby Tuesday, and Well...Friday I'm in Love: Weekly Mix #1


I've decided it might be fun to post a new music mix every Sunday. Frankly, it's probably more fun for me creating them than it is for anyone listening to them, but it's my blog and I can be as self-indulgent as I like. Although, this does put pressure on me to actually remember to do this every Sunday - I will probably remember to do this rather than real homework, mind.

This first mix is a purely fun one (no music snobbery in this one). It's upbeat and largely electronic. While I have a serious side that loves political and dark music, I also have a side that wants to be an androgynous robot pulling shapes in a New Romantic club. In fact, I shall call this mix When the Humans Are Away, The Robots Play.

You can download each track separately (in case you disagree with any of the selections), or you can download the whole mix as a zip file.

Pull Shapes - The Pipettes

Beggin' - Frankie Valli (Pilooski Edit)

We Are Your Friends - Justice Vs. Simian Mobile Disco

D.A.N.C.E. - Justice

Digitalism in Cairo - Digitalism

Atlantis to Interzone - Klaxons

The DJ's Got a Gun - Robots in Disguise

Reality TV - Infadels

I Get Around - Dragonette

Gunshot Wedding Symptoms - Closethuman

Even If It Takes All Night - Paradise Boys

Ice Cream - New Young Pony Club

Standing in the Way of Control - The Gossip

Crime Does Pay (Renaissance Remix) - The Hourly Radio

We Don't Play Guitars - Chicks on Speed featuring Peaches

Gonna Wanna - Chris Corner and Sue Denim

Girls in the Back - White Rose Movement

The Sound of the Crowd - Human League

Destroy Everything You Touch - Ladytron

Blue Monday 88 - New Order


Weekly Mix #1 (Megaupload)

No comments: